Friday 22 September 2017

COUNTING DOWN

Well finally I've started the page for this years Chat n Snap event. Decided that I really need to get on with it when this wonderful Raffle prize arrived in the post.


This sweet Gotz baby Celine arrived with her teddy excited to know that soon she'll have a new mum to take her home.

There are also another three dolls, a Gregor and two Sasha's who have been waiting forever to be shared , these were donated by Jill. More details of them soon.

So the 21st October will soon arrive and we'll be able to chat and also snap.. up a few lovely items or even a doll or three or just take some photos!

Now this years theme is a Christmas Toy Shop window.. Dolls and Teddy section. So please, if you would like to place a Sasha or Gregor or Toddler or baby in this display could you dress them in an outfit that would have made you, as a child who may have had your faced pressed against that window, have gone straight home and written that note to Santa!

I also want to have some other types of dolls and some teddies take part, so if you have a Kathe Kruse  a Nini , a Schoenhut , Kids n Cats, a Little darling, a Heather Maciak or BJD or other type of doll please bring ONE with you so that we can hopefully get a nice cross section. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to bring more than one other doll.
Then of course lets not forget those most important of a child's home the Teddy Bear, please bring along a Teddy , any size , that you know just wants to take part.

I would ask that you do not interfere with any dolls or teddies on display without checking with the owners first, Thank you.


Now more about the day for those who have not attended before. Only those whose names are on the door will be allowed in. You cannot pass your attendance on to another, the donation of £5 ultimately goes to charity after basic expenses, so if you cannot make it , we'll miss you but please don't send someone in your place. No entrance is available on the day unless prearranged with me.

There will be drinks, tea, coffee, squash available plus cakes, biscuits and a few savouries, please do not expect caterers. These are volunteers, mainly my daughters and friends , who have given up their time to run this facility so that we can all enjoy the day. You are asked to donate money when you visit the counter.

Please also be aware your dolls are your responsibility, so if you are not comfortable leaving it , don't bring it or if you do keep her or him with you. There is no extra insurance to cover if a doll is lost or damaged. You may be covered by your house insurance, you need to check.

If you can remember to bring a cup or mug with you, it saves me providing loads and it saves on the washing up as you can use just that one cup.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to answer them.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on the 21st for a lovely restful day of Sasha.

Dee







12 comments:

  1. Thank you, Dee, for putting us in the picture! Oh, how I would love to win that beautiful Goetz Baby!!! I may have to stand very close to Theresa for her luck to rub off on me!!! The theme is a lovely one and very inspiring. Can't wait! See you soon and thanks for taking the trouble to arrange another CnS!!! I shan't forget my mug! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Karin. Yes it would appear Theresa's the one to cosy up to if you want that baby ! :)

      Delete
    2. Karin, you might want to stand between Theresa and my daughter, as don't forget my girl won a baby 2 years running at the SCW.

      Delete
  2. Cannot wait to see everyone & all the lovely dolls this year. May bring a Sylvia Natterer doll for the display. They are my second love after Sasha's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Sylvia Natterer doll would be a lovely edition to the 'shop' :)

      Delete
  3. Yay, starting to feel close now :-)
    See everyone in four weeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four Weeks! did you have to say that.... ;)

      Delete
  4. What if I'd like to bring one 19.5 inch doll plus one of my Maciak dolls in the display? (plus a Sasha of course) Is that allowed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. Do the other raffle dolls need anything particular? I'm not sure I'll have much time in the coming weeks to make any toys for Sasha/Gregor but might be able to sew something.

      Delete
  5. Can I bring my Mum's teddy and is it still ok to pay you when we arrive? Are there any sales tables available Dee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sarh your Mum's teddy would be most welcome. Sorry there are no sales table left.

      Delete

SALES TABLES AND RAFFLE PRIZES

Linda Simpson's sales table. The other side of her table. The end of ...